Crane varieties for industrial and construction projects are different types of cranes that are used for various purposes and functions in different settings and environments. Cranes are machines that can lift, lower, and move heavy objects with the help of cables, pulleys, booms, and hooks. They are essential for building or deconstructing large structures, loading or unloading materials, and transporting goods. If you are looking forward to renting cranes in Dubai, then this is a must-read.
There are two types of cranes – fixed and mobile that carry various varieties. Here are some of them.
What are fixed cranes?
Fixed cranes are a type of cranes that are fixed to the ground and provide stable support for lifting heavy loads and reaching greater heights. Fixed cranes are typically used for long-term projects and need to be assembled at the site. Some examples of fixed cranes are tower cranes, hammerhead cranes, level luffing cranes, gantry cranes, and overhead cranes.
Types of fixed cranes for industrial and construction projects
- Telescopic crane – This is a type of crane that has a boom that consists of several tubes fitted inside each other. The tubes can be extended or retracted by hydraulic mechanisms to change the length of the boom. Telescopic cranes are versatile and adaptable, as they can adjust to different heights and reach. They are often mounted on trucks or crawlers for mobility.
- Tower crane – This is a type of crane that has a tall vertical mast and a horizontal jib that rotates around the mast. Tower cranes are fixed to the ground or attached to a building. They are used for building high-rise structures such as skyscrapers, bridges, dams, etc. They have a high lifting capacity and reach, but they are limited to a single location.
- Gantry crane – This is a type of crane that has a horizontal beam or gantry that is supported by two legs on either side. The beam can move along rails or wheels on the ground or on an elevated structure. The load can be lifted by a hoist or trolley that runs along the beam. Gantry cranes are used for loading and unloading containers, ships, trains, and so on.
- Jib crane – This is a type of crane that has a horizontal arm or jib that is attached to a vertical mast or wall. The jib can rotate around the mast or wall to cover a circular area. The load can be lifted by a hoist or trolley that runs along the jib. Jib cranes are used for lifting and moving materials in workshops, warehouses, factories, and much more.
- Bridge/Overhead crane – This is a type of crane that has a horizontal beam or bridge that runs along rails on two parallel walls or columns. The load can be lifted by a hoist or trolley that runs along the bridge. Overhead cranes are used for lifting and moving materials in industrial buildings such as factories, power plants, steel mills, etc.
What is a mobile crane?
Mobile cranes are cranes that are mounted on crawlers or tires and can be easily transported to different sites. Mobile cranes have a telescoping boom that can be adjusted to different lengths and angles. Mobile cranes are more flexible than fixed cranes, but they have lower lifting capacity and stability. Some examples of mobile cranes are – carry deck cranes, crawler cranes, floating cranes, truck-mounted cranes, and rough terrain cranes.
Types of mobile cranes
There are many types of mobile cranes, each with its own features and applications. Some of the common types of mobile cranes are:
- Carry deck crane: A small crane with four wheels and a 360-degree rotating boom. It can carry loads in a small deck behind the cab. It is used for lifting and moving materials in confined spaces.
- Crawler crane – This is a type of crane that is mounted on a tracked vehicle or crawler. Crawler cranes can move on rough terrain and soft ground without sinking. They have high stability and lifting capacity, but they have a low speed and turning ability. They are often used for heavy lifting and long-term projects.
- Floating crane: A crane mounted on a barge or ship. It can operate on water and lift very heavy loads. It is used for building bridges, ports, offshore platforms, and salvaging sunken ships.
- Truck-mounted crane: A crane mounted on a truck chassis. It can travel on public roads and has a telescoping boom that can be extended or retracted. It is used for loading and unloading goods, erecting structures, and performing maintenance work.
- Rough terrain crane: A crane mounted on a four-wheel drive chassis. It can operate on uneven and rugged terrain and has large tires and outriggers for stability. It is used for construction and industrial projects in remote areas.
Why BOB Cranes?
We are the top construction equipment suppliers in Dubai. BOB Cranes have been in the equipment rental business for many years and have experts who provide cranes in Dubai for rental for an affordable price.
BOB cranes are the best crane rental services because we provide the highest quality of crane services with experienced, certified operators, modern and well-maintained equipment, and competitive rates. We also have an excellent safety record, and excellent customer service, and are dedicated to making sure that all of our customers are satisfied with our services. Finally, we offer flexible rental terms and can provide custom solutions to meet your specific needs. If you are looking for heavy equipment companies in Dubai, feel free to call us at (00971) 4-2764411.